Σάββατο, Ιουλίου 20, 2013

Abschied


Parting

From the wreckage of a sublime beauty  
Let me build a profound sorrow.  
Let me weep from the deepest pains  
A tear, as only men cry.  
And then go!  

And take then a memory of passionate love,  
Happily given;  
Mine always will remain, what you left me;  
My pain, starless darkness.  
And then go!  

And let me silently go numb; 
You draw further your shining course  
Star of stars! ask not of corpses!  

See, I draw nigh to God's noble solace,  
My self-born primal power.  
Deep in me the ancient night of nights  
Grows to such world-engulfing oblivion.  
The total solitude of utter ruin,  
Anguish waxes, swells to eternity.  

See! I myself will become night and beauty.  
Encompassing every unbridled pain!  
Pull away further, shining star of stars.  
Oblivious, like my great love;  

Silent as darkness, like my great sorrows,  
Where you turn, where you triumphant shine, 
Stands surging about you my terrible night!

translation: http://www.recmusic.org/lieder/get_text.html?TextId=31611


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Contrapunctus

  Λίγες μέρες πριν εκδόθηκε η ποιητική μου συλλογή Contrapunctus από τις εκδόσεις Πληθώρα. Ήταν ένα πείραμα αντίστιξις. Ξεκίνησε με το ερώτη...